Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's the Final Countdown!

hey! what? 19 days too long to go with kt adventure updates?
haha, yeah.. sorry bout that. I'm going to write this one really quick actually, as I have a skype date with some lovely chicas! So editing be damned.
For starters, I had to say the rest of my farewells yesterday. Practically all of the Americans left yesterday along with all the British & Welsh students as the term is now over and holiday has commenced. Bonus -- it snowed!! We have probably 5 inches on the ground right now. It's really pretty. I had to walk to uni for my final exam yesterday. It was 2.5 miles walking there in a winter wonderland. I actually enjoyed it. So different from Georgia weather! Before the exam though I had to say my final farewells to the remainders of my housemates, Ollie, Hayley, Owen & my American chica Lauren. It was of course, horribly sad. But I have pictures which I will one day post, and I'm glad to have them. Right now, I'm sitting in my kitchen all alone. The Queen, and last one standing of House 8. (where it's great) I am of course, a cleaning machine, because cleaning helps me not miss them so much, cause I'm not thinking about it. But when I do think about it, It's really sad. Lauren left me this great playlist though, and Ollie left his speakers! so that's been wonderful. :) Music has helped fill the new hole in my heart... haha. sooo sappy, but ch'yeah. you get the idea. I'm no poet.
We did have an adventure last night though, in quick summary.. my friend Julia needed to be taken to the ER. So a bunch of us piled in my British friend Ali's car about 10 at night and traveled and waited there until midnight. Luckily, it wasn't anything serious. So Lord be praised. However, then I had to come back to my empy, creaky house.. [sigh] It's ok. I'm coping, I'm coping. Pinkie Promise :)

Hung out mostly with Julia today. watched Peter Pan, etc. And we all now it's a good day when we watch Peter Pan..

I gotta go skype now. But I'll try and devote more time to blogging during these last 4 days I'm here solo.

Much love from the UK!

xx Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment