Monday, December 20, 2010

Bon Voyage Swansea!


Hey all,
so, this is it. I type this at 1am on my last night in Swansea. I am the last one standing in my house. The "Queen" of House 8 as I call myself. Though, in all honesty, having a giant 10 bedroom house is just no good if you're all alone. I've had some good times with the few americans left here in this ghost town of a student village though. The snow which we initially loved and frolicked in on the 16th as since caused utter turmoil and chaos in the functioning of the Heathrow airport. A bunch, if not most of my friends who left on the 18th are still stuck in Heathrow with no hope of getting home until Christmas Eve. So yeah.. it's bad. I leave tomorrow morning on the coach directly to London Heathrow airport. I'm going up a day early so as not to be stranded by the snow here in Swansea. [I at least want to make it to London.] But whether or not my flight will take off as planned is still undetermined... It'll be a very unpredictable journey. One I will probably block from my memory once it's all over. But for now I'm staying positive. It's not the end of the world. I'm mentally preparing myself for the worst, but still hoping for the best! Which would be.. Christmas with my loving family :) I am bringing 8 sandwiches with me though.. (just in case)

Anyway, today was fun! I'm posting some pics of the snow on day 2, as well as a sledding pic from our fun we had today with cookie sheets. We also built one bad a** snowman. A french fellow named Jean Val Jean. He's super fly, though he has this awful habit of smoking..



To all my friends and family, I love you all. & I can't wait to see you guys (hopefully) soon!! To Swansea & the wonderful country of Wales.. Thank you for some of the best experiences of my entire life. This has been an unforgettable 4 months. I have been truly blessed. <>< I love that I can always and forever say, I'll always have Swansea..





ok. That's all for now. Peace Out UK, It's been real.

xx Katie S.

1 comment:

  1. awwwwww......such a sweet post. very heartwarming. And I thought the snowman was cute. And, my other question...just how do you sled using cooking sheets! ouch! :)
    So blessed and happy that the Lord answered our prayers and you are home safe n sound. Keep this blog for your memories of an incredibly fun and adventure-filled journey accompanied by our hearts and the Lords hand. :) <3 Mum

    ReplyDelete